63: Today we have a fire conversation for you with burnout management coach Emily Ballesteros! We did a deep dive on how to actually manage and prevent burnout. She shares some amazing insights and strategies (beyond like, take a bubble bath). Listening to her share tips and advice gave me so many reflections and a-ha moments, and I know they will for you too. In this conversation, we get into:
– Why the 40-hour work week is completely outdated and sets us up to fail
– The five areas of burnout management
– How Emily recommends pacing yourself during your work and setting boundaries
– Quiet quitting—what is it, why is it trending, and does Emily encourage it?
– How to approach personal care as a pyramid to ensure your non-negotiables are met
– The concept of a “third place” (where people go to socialize outside of work and home), how that’s disappearing, and the impact that has on our mental health
Snap a screenshot of the podcast and tag me @wtfab and Emily @emilybruth sharing your thoughts on this episode, so we can reshare it on our Stories too! Make sure you subscribe to the podcast to stay up to date on the latest episodes and interviews. Lastly, please rate and review to support this podcast!
Quick links from the episode:
Enjoyed this episode? Listen to more What The Fab Podcast episodes here!
Elise Armitage is an entrepreneur and founder of What The Fab, a travel + lifestyle blog based in California. At the beginning of 2019, Elise left her corporate job at Google to chase her dreams: being an entrepreneur and helping women find fabulous in the everyday. Since then, she’s launched her SEO course Six-Figure SEO, where she teaches bloggers how to create a passive revenue stream from their website using SEO. Featured in publications like Forbes, Elle, HerMoney, and Real Simple, Elise is a firm believer that you can be of both substance and style.