Listen to this episode:
#51: We’re chatting all about burnout with Ginger Jones, a speech-language pathologist and the Founder and CEO of Jones Therapy Services, a pediatric therapy clinic with 10 locations in Tenessee, that she sold in January of 2022.
After running her business for 12 years and employing hundreds of people, Ginger has some unique observations and perspectives on burnout. She shares some key learnings and realizations (like the fact that her employees who were the most “burned out” were not the ones who were the most productive), what works for her, and tangible tips for dealing with burnout. In this episode, we get into:
– Guilt and shame around admitting burnout, especially if you’re in a highly coveted position or run your own business
– How burnout is actually a mismanagement of your resources
– Concrete things you can do to help manage burnout
– Thinking about self-care through a different lens like discipline and organization (not just massages and face masks)
– How to create your own “user manual” to make business and life decisions easier, plus identifying what you’re tolerating in your life and what you want to change
– The ups and downs of selling her business, and trusting the process
Snap a screenshot of the podcast and tag me @wtfab and Ginger @gingerjones sharing your thoughts on this episode, so we can reshare it on our Stories too! Make sure you subscribe to the podcast to stay up to date on the latest episodes and interviews. Lastly, please rate and review to support this podcast!
Quick links from the episode:
Connect with Ginger:
Enjoyed this episode? Listen to more What The Fab Podcast episodes here!
Episode #50: Q2 2022 Income Report: How I Kept My Revenue Stable While Launching a New Product and Making Less From Brand Campaigns, Plus Thoughts on How Content Creators Will Be Impacted by a Recession
Elise Armitage is an entrepreneur and founder of What The Fab, a travel + lifestyle blog based in California. At the beginning of 2019, Elise left her corporate job at Google to chase her dreams: being an entrepreneur and helping women find fabulous in the everyday. Since then, she’s launched her SEO course Six-Figure SEO, where she teaches bloggers how to create a passive revenue stream from their website using SEO. Featured in publications like Forbes, Elle, HerMoney, and Real Simple, Elise is a firm believer that you can be of both substance and style.