With the winter weather being so moody lately, all of us are spending more time indoors than we might like. Why not spice up your time inside with some delicious rumchata hot chocolate?
This tasty winter cocktail is perfect for those cozy nights. Whether you’re home alone or spending time with a partner or friends, this recipe is exactly what you need to warm up and enjoy a delicious treat.
Rumchata is a cream liquor made from a mixture of rum, dairy cream, cinnamon, vanilla extract, sugar, and other tasty ingredients. This warm and rich flavor profile makes it the perfect addition to your winter drinks.
This winter cocktail recipe is super simple to mix. All you need is some hot cocoa, a few shots of Rumchata, and a handful of all your favorite toppings, whether it be healthy whipped cream, chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, toffee bits, or marshmallows.
It’s pretty much spiked candy—what’s not to love? All of this takes little to no prep time.
It’s one of my favorite drink recipes, so I hope you find it as delicious as I do!
- ½ cup Rumchata (you can always add more!)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (feel free to switch it up with some cocoa powder or white chocolate)
- 4 cups milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toppings: whipped cream, heavy cream, cinnamon, caramel and/or chocolate sauce, peppermint, toffee, whatever tickles your fancy!
1. Add all of your ingredients (except for the toppings) into your slow cooker. Whisk them together until they’re fully combined. Then cook on low for around two hours, remembering to stir occasionally until the chocolate chips are melted. Once finished, pour your mixture into your best mug and serve with a handful of your favorite toppings.
1. Pour your milk, chocolate chips, sugar, and cocoa into a small saucepan over medium heat (I love this one!). After a few minutes, once your milk is warm, take your mixture off the stove and pour in your vanilla and rumchata. Then, you’re able to pour it into a mug and serve with your favorite toppings.
Looking for more recipes? Find them here!
Elise Armitage is an entrepreneur and founder of What The Fab, a travel + lifestyle blog based in California. At the beginning of 2019, Elise left her corporate job at Google to chase her dreams: being an entrepreneur and helping women find fabulous in the everyday. Since then, she’s launched her SEO course Six-Figure SEO, where she teaches bloggers how to create a passive revenue stream from their website using SEO. Featured in publications like Forbes, Elle, HerMoney, and Real Simple, Elise is a firm believer that you can be of both substance and style.