When I was on my recent trip to Maui, I found myself running out of ideas for my IG captions and googling Hawaii Instagram captions.
To my surprise, a ton of blog posts popped up. Apparently, I wasn’t the only one looking for a little help on what to caption my vacation pics.
And let me tell you, I had to sift through a lot of lame ones lol.
“Oahu doin’?” ? Really? Please, stop.
So I thought I’d make my own list that’s a little more curated and fun. And that wouldn’t be embarrassing to use on your feed.
Whether you’re posting a pic on the beach, with Hawaii’s beautiful blue water, hiking, snorkeling, or just sipping a tropical drink, I’ve got you covered with this list of Hawaii Instagram captions!
Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places in the world, and truly my happy place. So if you end up taking a million pictures you want to post on Instagram, but start running out of caption ideas, you’re not alone. It happens to the best of us!
Most of these captions are generally for Hawaii, but a few are island-specific, like Maui.
And if you’re planning a trip to the beautiful Hawaiian islands, be sure to check out some of my Hawaii travel guides for my best travel tips!
I’ve been lucky enough to have been traveling to Hawaii since I was a kid (it was our family’s vacation spot every year), and as an adult I still get the same feeling of magic and awe when I’m there.
If you’re heading to Maui, check out my Maui Itinerary Travel Guide here.
And if you’re off to Kauai, I have a What to Do in Kauai Travel Guide here.
I haven’t been to Oahu yet, but I’ll be there next year for my sister’s bachelorette party (please send any recs my way!), so stay tuned for those guides coming next year!
Pssst, heading to Maui? Don’t miss these travel guides to help you plan your trip!
Best Beaches in Maui
Best Sushi in Maui
15 Best Restaurants in Maui
Where to Stay on Maui
Whichever island you’re headed to, you’re going to love it and want to come back again and again.
Without further ado, let’s get into my list of Hawaii Instagram captions, along with some of my favorite Insta photos I’ve posted so you can get some inspiration and make your IG feed shine!
P.S. Planning a trip to Maui? Book some of my favorite activities through GetYourGuide below!
75 Hawaii Instagram Captions
Short Hawaii Captions / Cute Hawaii Captions
Sometimes a short and sweet caption is all you need!
1. Ohana means family. 💙
2. Somewhere over the rainbow.
3. You put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up.
4. Hawaii is paradise, born of fire.
5. Aloha, beaches!
6. A pineapple a day keeps the doctor away.
7. I’ve found heaven, and it’s in Hawaii.
8. Happiest when there’s salt in my hair and sand in between my toes.
9. Mai tais are mai kinda thing.
10. Petition to live in bikinis only from now on.
11. See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me.
12 . There’s no problem so big that a trip to Hawaii can’t solve.
13. Hey Google, take me to Hawaii.
14. In an aloha state of mind.
15. Welcome to the jungle.
16. Aloha vibes only.
17. Back on my beachy bullsh!t.
18. Island mode: Activated.
19. Hawaii called and I answered.
20. On island time.
21. Life’s a beach.
22. But first, shave ice.
23. Night and you and blue Hawaii.
24. Getting into the aloha spirit.
25. The best view comes after the hardest climb.
26. You had me at aloha.
27. Headed to Hawaii, be back never.
28. Who needs expensive therapy when there’s Hawaii?
29. Flowers in my hair, magic in the air.
30. Hawaii is always a good idea.
31. Praying to Pele this trip never ends.
32. Island daze.
33. Island days are the best days.
34. Hawaii is always a good idea.
35. Meet me under the palm trees.
36. Life is better in flip flops.
37. Turns out the grass actually is greener in Hawaii.
38. You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a flight to Hawaii and that’s pretty much the same thing.
39. Today’s to-do list: Drink pina coladas (check) go to a luau (check).
40. Hawaii life is the best life.
41. Hobbies include going to Hawaii.
42. Paradise, found.
43. High tides and good vibes.
44. Surf days, Hawaiian leis.
45. Keep calm and surf on.
46. Peace, love, and Aloha.
47. Mai tais. Beach. Sleep. Repeat.
48. You, me, and the sea.
49. If found, please return to Hawaii.
50. “May there always be tradewinds behind you, rainbows above you, and Aloha all around you.” – Kauai blessing
51. I’ll take a side of beach with my morning coffee.
52. Hawaii just hits different.
Hawaii Quotes for Instagram Captions
I use quotes sparingly in my Instagram captions, but I do like to sprinkle them in! Sometimes someone else just says it better than you ever could have.
53. “The only good thing about leaving Hawaii is that you really appreciate it when you return.” – John Richard Stephens
54. “The hula is the heartbeat of the Hawaiian people.” – King David Kalakaua
55. “You haven’t been to paradise if you haven’t been to Hawaii.” — Bruno Mars
56. “Whether a visitor or kama’aina (resident), the beauty of the Hawaiian Islands inspires the heart and mind.”
57. “Hawaii is the loveliest fleet of islands that lies anchored in any ocean.” – Mark Twain
58. “Hawaii is still the most frequent fantasy destination, not because of political stability or conveniences, but because Hawaii seduces the imagination. It’s the perfect postcard—no props, no fillers.” Robert Wintner
I don’t do a ton of puns for my Instagram captions (that’s more Omied’s department, lol), but occasionally I don’t mind a good pun, especially if it’s a Hawaii pun! Here are a few I’d use:
59. Going coconuts.
60. Getting my vitamin-sea.
61. Here today, gone to Maui.
62. Lei’d back.
63. Living the HI life.
64. Seas the day.
65. Went snorkeling today and it was turtle-y awesome.
66. Life’s a beach.
67. You’re the pineapple of my eye.
Sunset Instagram Captions
Here are a few sunset ideas for when you’re snapping photos of those epic Hawaiian sunsets!
68. “A sunset will color your dreams.” — Anthony Hincks
69. “There is nothing more musical than a sunset.” — Claude Debussy
70. “Sunsets, like childhood, are viewed with wonder not just because they are beautiful but because they are fleeting.” — Richard Paul Evans
71. Watching more sunsets than Netflix.
72. “To watch a sunset is to connect with the Divine.” — Gina De Gorna
73. Sand and sunsets. What dreams are made of.
74. Even the sun sets in paradise.
75. Never saw a Hawaiian sunset I didn’t like.
That’s my round-up of Hawaii Instagram captions! With 75 to choose from, I’m sure you’ll find something that’s a fit for your feed. 😉
I really tried to cut out the lame caption ideas and only keep it to ones I would actually use (or have used) on my own feed.
Because a blog post on “200 Hawaii Instagram Captions” isn’t super helpful if 150 of them are just blah captions you have to sort through (hi, it me when I was first researching Hawaii Instagram caption ideas for my own posts).
Anyways, I hope this post was helpful and you end up using some of these Hawaii Instagram captions on your own pics from the islands!
Writing up this post already has me missing Maui. Take me back!
Heading to Hawaii? Check out my other Maui content and Kauai content:
Maui Itinerary Travel Guide
Best Restaurants in Maui
Best Beaches in Maui
Best Sushi in Maui
Where to Stay in Maui
Best Restaurants in Lahaina
How to Tie a Sarong
9 Best Hikes in Maui for Epic Views
Spending the Day at Hyatt Regency Maui
The Best Airbnbs in Kauai
What to Do in Kauai Travel Guide
Best Breakfast in Maui: 8 Can’t-Miss Restaurants