You’re probably wondering, how can I incorporate coconut oil into my coffee? Well, if you’ve heard of bulletproof coffee where you add butter to your coffee, coconut oil coffee is kinda like that, but better.
I love the coziness of a hot drink, and I love to take something ordinary (like a cup of coffee), and with just a little extra effort, make it something special that expresses my love and appreciation for the person receiving it (e.g. adding heart-shaped marshmallows). It’s easy, simple, and heartfelt! And with fall slowly on its way, this recipe will come in handy as you’re cozying up during these cooler months (is it too early?).
Heart-shaped marshmallows or not, you’ll love this coffee. Adding coconut oil to your coffee makes it frothy and creamy without any dairy. And, the coconut oil generally keeps me full and full of energy until lunch! If you’re looking for more than one way to use coconut oil, read this post with my favorite ways to incorporate coconut oil into not only your recipes, but your skin and everyday life—it has so many benefits. You can thank me later!
Coconut Oil Coffee (aka Sweetheart Coffee)
- 1 cup brewed coffee, hot
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (I like this organic coconut oil and it’s a great price on Amazon)
- Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste (or a dash of cinnamon)
- Garnish: 1 jumbo marshmallow and heart shaped cookie cutter, to add a little sugar and sweetness
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high for thirty seconds.
- If adding the marshmallow garnish, cut the marshmallow in half crosswise. Use a small heart shaped cutter to cut out a heart shape. Float in coffee. Optional: Toast your marshmallow with a kitchen torch!
Enjoy your delicious, frothy caffeine kick!
LOOKING FOR MORE FUN FOODIE CONTENT? I’VE GOT YOU COVERED RIGHT HERE!
Elise Armitage is an entrepreneur and founder of What The Fab, a travel + lifestyle blog based in California. At the beginning of 2019, Elise left her corporate job at Google to chase her dreams: being an entrepreneur and helping women find fabulous in the everyday. Since then, she’s launched her SEO course Six-Figure SEO, where she teaches bloggers how to create a passive revenue stream from their website using SEO. Featured in publications like Forbes, Elle, HerMoney, and Real Simple, Elise is a firm believer that you can be of both substance and style.