Fall is officially here and it’s finally starting to feel like it in San Francisco too! I’m ready for the change in season and have been loving the crisp air and cooler weather. I feel like each season passes so quickly (I mean, they’re only three months long, which is like a blip in the year), so this autumn I’m writing down my fall bucket list of all the fun things I want to do! If you’re looking for some activities and fun fall bucket list ideas for yourself, as a couple, or for the whole family, feel free to steal!
1 . Go apple picking
2. Visit a pumpkin patch
3. Carve said pumpkin
4. Hand out candy for Halloween to kiddos in Noe Valley
5. Drink all the PSLs and even make some at home—here’s the Pumpkin Spice Coffee Latte recipe!
6. Go to a haunted house—we went to a really WEIRD one at The Armory a few years ago so I’m looking for one that’s a little more spooky and a little less…sexual. (For those who aren’t from SF, The Armory is where the porn site Kink shoots. So I’m not really sure what I expected from their haunted house.)
7. Go through a corn maze. I feel like this is one of those things that sounds like a great idea until Omied and I are lost in this maze and arguing about directions and not clear on how to get out. But I’ll never know until I try.
8. Make hot apple cider—here’s my spiced cider with rum recipe!
9. Make s’mores by the fire.
10. Wear all my big, oversized scarves that sit in the back of my closet for the majority of the year.
11. Find fall foliage in California (not the easiest task—any recommendations?)
12. Watch my favorite Halloween movies—I hate scary movies so that mostly involves Hocus Pocus and Nightmare Before Christmas. ?
13. Come up with a fun Halloween costume. I loved this one that Omied and I did when Pokemon Go was raging hard. Sometimes I don’t feel super motivated to come up with a fun costume idea, but I have to remember it’s always fun to play dress up!
14. Bake an apple pie for Thanksgiving. My mom is the ultimate pie baker and her pecan and apple pies are pretty much famous in our family. This year we’re spending Thanksgiving with Omied’s family, so I want to try to recreate my mom’s apple pie.
15. Go to a 49ers football game. We used to go as kids with my dad at Candlestick, and while Levi’s isn’t quite the same, I think it’d be fun to go to a fall game.
16. Add to my boots collection—every fall I can’t help but shop for a new pair of OTK boots or ankle booties. Here’s the link for my fav over-the-knee boots (they look like the Stuart Weitzman ones, but for an eighth of the price), and I’m eyeing these ones.
17. Go to Pumpkin Nights in Santa Rosa. This isn’t your average pumpkin patch, and it looks pretty epic.
18. Head to Napa—I love wine country during the fall!
19. Make leaf art—this DIY I found on Pinterest looks so cool.
20. Go on a fall-themed scavenger hunt. When we were in Seattle I saw a group of people doing a scavenger hunt in Pike Place and it looked so fun.
Ok, I’m feeling sufficiently pumped for fall! What’s on your fall bucket list?
Elise Armitage is an entrepreneur and founder of What The Fab, a travel + lifestyle blog based in California. At the beginning of 2019, Elise left her corporate job at Google to chase her dreams: being an entrepreneur and helping women find fabulous in the everyday. Since then, she’s launched her SEO course Six-Figure SEO, where she teaches bloggers how to create a passive revenue stream from their website using SEO. Featured in publications like Forbes, Elle, HerMoney, and Real Simple, Elise is a firm believer that you can be of both substance and style.