- Saison – A “significant mover” in OAD’s top 100 list, Saison currently holds the position of 5th best restaurant in the country. With an experimental fusion of tastes and technique, head chef Joshua Skenes is redefining modern SF cuisine whilst also bringing a touch of class to his brand new SoMa district venue.
- Coi – With an emphasis on minimal and modern dishes, Daniel Patterson’s Broadway based Coi is a refreshing take on the eco-restaurant. Locally sourced and entirely organic ingredients form the backbone of his menu which, when combined with a number of technological innovations, create a an experience that is not to be missed.
- Quince – Handmade pasta and homely ambience set this Cal-Ital restaurant apart from the competition. Michael Tusk’s interesting take on modern Italian cuisine is a real hit with critics and locals alike and helps to raise the traditionally rustic Italian fayre to something a little more refined.
- Atelier Crenn – Packing as many glittering honours as gratifying h’orderves, Dominique Crenn’s Fillmore Street restaurant is the self-titled Poetic Culinaria of San Francisco. Artful in abundance, many of the dishes are so aesthetically pleasing that actually eating them feels as little like sacrilege.
- Benu – Bringing the two disparate cuisines of Asia and Europe together in a mouth watering fusion is exactly what Benu is about. Technically perfect dishes are only matched by the striking Zen like ambience of this magnificent restaurant.