As promised, here’s the recipe for the baked kale chips I posted a pic of on Instagram. They’re super easy to make, and delicious!! They make a great snack, and instead of feeling guilty for eating an entire bag of potato chips, you can feel healthy for eating an entire bunch of kale! (Seriously, I almost polished off an entire bunch by myself, but then my boyfriend sniffed them out and pounced.)
1 large bunch of kale (about 12 leaves)
1 tablespoon of oil
1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F
2. Tear off leaves into pieces no larger than the palm of your hand. Discard stalks.
3. Rinse and dry leaves. You can use a salad spinner to dry them, or pat dry with a towel.
4. Toss leaves in a large bowl with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Place leaves on a large baking sheet and spread evenly.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until desired crispness.
7. Transfer and let cool on a wire rack or paper towels. Or, just eat them right out of the pan! Yum!!
Depending on your tastes, you can always add more salt and pepper. Just be careful, because adding too much salt will ruin them. If you make these, send/tweet/instagram me a pick and let me know what you think!