Ahh, summer. Vacation time is here and it’s time to recharge those batters. And lucky me, our office was closed for the week of July 4th. So clearly, I was off to the Caribbean with the boyfriend! While packing, I took some shots of the 10 essentials every gal should pack for their summer vacas.
1. The fun accessories that you never get to wear because they’re not “professional enough” for work/you forget/you’re lazy.
2. Comfortable but stylish shoes that you can walk around in all day without getting blisters.
3. Skirts. Preferably slightly skimpy ones.
4. Bikinis. Duh!
5. An over-sized, floppy hat. Not only do they help glam it up, but you’ll keep cool and protect your face/skin from the likely very strong sun you’ll be feeling at your tropical destination.
6. Cool, flowy, cotton tops that can be mixed and matched with your shorts and skirts.
7. Your fav maxi dress and sundress. Comfortable and sexy.
8. Wraps, sarongs, pareus, cover-ups. Whatever you call them, they’re great to throw on when you’re heading down to the pool or beach. Afterwards (if you know how to tie them right) they can even double as a dress. Ooh, sounds like a good blog post – 3 cute ways to tie a sarong into a dress. I’ll do that one soon!
9. Shorts. And short shorts, at that.
10. Your favorite sunnies.